Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Framing Bench DIY

One of the things i do alot of, is sell framed pictures. This means alot of centering pictures on Mats, read on for my custom centering bench.


Now, my framed prints are a bit non-traditional, in the sense that i place them flat against the glass ontop of a non-cut mat. This gives me the common problem of centering the picture perfectly on the mat.

Tonight, i took some time, some spare parts, and made myself a laser guided framing bench to perfectly/easily & accurately center 13x17" prints on a 16x20" mat.

Here are some self-explanatory photographs.





Theres 4 framing staples sticking out, forming 2 tight corners, the mat slides in perpendicularly only. I'll probably be adding more templates for 11x14s and whatnot later.

The lasers are normal wall-mounting lasers, and usually come around 15-20$ for basic models.






No comments:

Post a Comment