Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New Blog ! (DLite-4 Repair Video)

Woa.

So i've been meaning to start a blog for a while now, mostly to cover stuff related to my photography, behind the scenes stuff.

Since I am not such a big talker, my plan is to include past and future DIY projects, and other neat experiments or tricks i learn along the way, as well as share some random photo-shoots. So, let me start off a Repair Project.

My DLite-4 (Non IT) mount cracked. (9pounds is the limit) so i bought a 10$ replace part, and got to work.







After the jump for video and more pictures & information.

Finding the replacement part for 10$, i went to work. Shot myself a little timelapse of me fixing it.





If you notice me dissapearing for a bit, thats because of this tiny little tab :





(Wasn't quite sure how to unhook it, when my patience ran out, Hammer time.)

Also, once all has been said and done, i should note that it takes about 9 pounds to crack the mount, so i also did some adapting to my giant octagonal softbox.





Thats all metal right there no more eli plastic, i used a flat sided thread to prevent spinning as much as possible. The bracket is a photoflex heavyduty all-metal and feels very solid. Its taking the weight great at all angles. The speedring is also photoflex, its a wee bit deep with the insert, tunneling some of the light.PS: I have a fair amount of electrical experience, you try this at your own risk.

note to self: Clean hat before next video.

No comments:

Post a Comment